- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jeera Aloo Recipe
|Clarified butter/Fat||50 Gram (ghee)|
|Coriander powder||15 Gram|
|Red chili powder||8 Gram|
|Turmeric powder||4 Gram|
|Chat masala||3 Gram|
Calories 364 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.1%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 33.5 mg11.2%
Sodium 129.2 mg5.4%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.7%
Dietary Fiber 17.4 g69.8%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 8 g16.9%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 346.7%
Calcium 18.2% Iron 24.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
(1) Wash the potatoes well and place in a saucepan. Cover with water.
(2) Boil potatoes until almost tender.
(3) Drain water and allow potatoes to continue cooking in the steam
(4) When cool enough to handle, peel and cut into dices.
(5) In a skillet, heat ghee.
(6) When hot, add cumin seeds and allow them to crackle.
(7) Add potatoes and gently sauté for 1-2 min.
(8) Tip in all the spices and sauté on a low flame for 3-4 min.
(9) Finally season with salt to taste and sprinkle lemon juice as required.
(10) Empty into a serving dish.
(11) Sprinkle chopped coriander
(12) Serve hot or cold.