- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jason Aziz on WMUR's Cooks Corner Recipe Video
|Fresh carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Sugar snap peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (fresh)|
|Fresh celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Fresh red pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Long grain basmati brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked, drained|
|Fresh bean sprouts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Low sodium soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Toasted sesame oil||1 Tablespoon (for seasoning)|
|Shrimp||1⁄2 Pound (pre-cooked)|
|Egg beaters||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
Calories 544 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.1%
Saturated Fat 0.93 g4.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 172.4 mg
Sodium 897.6 mg37.4%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.7 g34.8%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 35 g70.6%
Vitamin A 151.5% Vitamin C 134.1%
Calcium 26.8% Iron 42.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook the brown rice and shrimps separately and set aside.
2. In a large pan over medium-high heat, add water pan and steam it. Add carrot, sugar snap peas, red pepper and celery to the water. Steam for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add precooked brown rice, bean sprouts, soy sauce and egg beaters to the vegetables. Season the rice with toasted sesame oil.
4. Add shrimps to the pan. Mix all the ingredients together and stir fry.
5. Serve the fried rice hot with tomato sauce.