- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jasmine Tea Bread Recipe
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated lime rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange rind||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Steeped jasmine tea||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 542 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.1%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g38.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 83.1 mg
Sodium 708.9 mg29.5%
Total Carbohydrates 92 g30.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14%
Sugars 18.1 g
Protein 12 g23.7%
Vitamin A 10.6% Vitamin C 52.7%
Calcium 14.6% Iron 28.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2) Cream the butter and brown sugar together.
3) Beat in the egg, grated lime, lemon and orange rinds.
4) Combine the flour, salt, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder and baking soda together.
5) Alternately, stir into the creamed mixture with the jasmine tea and orange juice.
6) In a greased and floured 9x5 inch loaf pan, spon the mixture and bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes.
7) Remove and place on a wire cake rack to cool.
8) Slice the bread, spread over with butter and serve in a nice plate.