- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Japanese Zucchini Fritters Recipe
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Monosodium glutamate||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Zucchini||2 , cut diagonally in 1/8-inch slices|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Or As Required)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (As Needed, For Frying)|
|For vinegar sauce|
|Green onion||1 Teaspoon, finely minced|
|Japanese rice vinegar/White vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Monosodium glutamate||1 Dash|
Calories 706 Calories from Fat 665
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 75 g115.6%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.5 mg
Sodium 541.4 mg22.6%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.97 g3.9%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 4 g7.9%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 19.7%
Calcium 2.2% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, combine eggs, salt and monosodium glutamate to prepare a batter.
2. In a non-stick frying pan, heat oil for frying.
3. Dredge zucchini slices with flour; shake off excess.
4. Quickly dip into egg mixture and place in the hot oil; add few pieces at a time and fry in batches until golden brown; turn once.
5. In a bowl, put together all the vinegar sauce ingredients and stir well to mix.
6. Serve with Vinegar Sauce.