- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sukiyaki Recipe Video
|Beef||1 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Shiitake mushrooms/Enoki mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), stem discarded (fresh)|
|Green onion||1 Bunch (100 gm), cut into slant 3-inch pieces|
|White onion||1 Small|
|Carrot||1 Large, cut into thin slant pieces|
|Napa cabbage head||500 Gram, cut into 2-inch wide slices (1 medium)|
|Tofu||500 Gram, cut into 1/2-inch slices (Optional)|
|For the sukiyaki sauce|
|Mirin||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 (1 raw egg per serving)|
Calories 539 Calories from Fat 199
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.1%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 281.8 mg
Sodium 1205.6 mg50.2%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.7%
Sugars 21.4 g
Protein 40 g79.4%
Vitamin A 87.5% Vitamin C 100.9%
Calcium 15.3% Iron 32.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Chop all the vegetables and keep aside before you start. Slice the konnyaku and slit a small hole near one of the ends and put the other end into the hole and pull it out making a well formed pattern.
2. For the shiitake mushrooms, remove the tough stem and cut off thin wedges from the top of the mushrooms creating a cris-cross pattern.
3. Cut the carrots thinly so that they cook faster. Cut the green onions with a slant and cut the napa cabbage just a couple of inches wide.
To make the sukiyaki sauce:
4. In a pot add all the ingredients for the sauce and mix it bringing it to a boil. Once it starts to boil, turn off the heat.
5. Boil the konyaku it for a few minutes and strain.
6. Take pan/Japanese earthen ware pot heated to a medium high and put in the beef pieces and add a couple of tablespoons of the sukiyaki sauce and let it saute. Once done arrange the vegetables and the konnyaku pieces around the meat pieces. Make sure the konnyaku pieces are arranged in the opposite side of the beef. Close the lid and let it cook.
7. Serve warm with beaten raw egg.
The left over broth can be used to cook rice adding a beaten egg.