- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sansai Soba Recipe Video
|Chicken thighs||8 Ounce, cut into bite sized pieces (Boneless, skinless)|
|Sansai||1⁄2 Packet, drained|
|Asparagus||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), blanched|
|Spinach||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), wilted|
|Soba noodles||1 Packet|
|Mochi||1 , cubed (one block used)|
|Eggs/Raw quail egg||1 Medium (Hard boiled or soft boiled)|
|For the soup base|
|Dashi||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1114 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.9%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.9%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 374.4 mg
Sodium 4998.6 mg208.3%
Total Carbohydrates 170 g56.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.1%
Sugars 45.9 g
Protein 75 g150.8%
Vitamin A 27.2% Vitamin C 6.8%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 39.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Cookie sheet - for broiling the mochi
1. In a medium saucepan add the dashi and heat it up to a simmer. Once the dashi is ready, add the rest of the ingredients for the soup base such as sugar, mirin and soy sauce.
2. Add the chicken pieces to the soup. Let it simmer while you get the rest of the ingredients ready.
3. In a large pot boil the soba as per the instructions in the package.
4. Cut the mochi block into 4 pieces and put them on a cookie sheet. Put under the broiler for a couple minutes. Mochi burns easily so you have to be careful. Once it toasts, it will puff up like when roasting marshmallows. Take them out when they are puffed and toasty brown.
5. Take a large serving bowl, add a small piece of zest sliced off from a lemon (without traces of the white part). Put that in the bowl first. Next, add the soup and chicken followed by the soba.
6. After that, add your vegetables, the mochi and finally a halved hard boiled egg. If you are using the uzura, crack it open and gently place in the center of the arrangement. Put the mochi in such that it sits halfway under the soup so that the toasty side is dry.
7. Serve warm.
To veganize the recipe use vegetable stock instead of the dashi and omit the chicken and the eggs.