- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Omurice Recipe Video
|Oil||4 Tablespoon, divided (2 tbsp For sauteing vegetables and rice + 2 tbsp for the omelet)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|White onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Shiitake mushrooms||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Green onions||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Carrots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Asparagus||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cut into pieces (Frozen asparagus used)|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Left over cold rice used)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken pieces||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cut it into small pieces (Optional)|
|Eggs||3 Large, beaten|
|Ketchup/Okonomi sauce||1 Tablespoon (as required for the garnish)|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
Calories 598 Calories from Fat 344
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.7%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g32.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 338.2 mg
Sodium 811.6 mg33.8%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.8%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 21 g41.4%
Vitamin A 75.7% Vitamin C 29.8%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 22.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a skillet with some oil and heat it, add garlic and onions and fry for a couple of minutes.
2. Add the rice and stir it around for a couple of minutes and add the vegetables - the shiitake mushrooms, green onions, carrots and the asparagus. Add soy sauce and stir well for a few minutes and set it aside.
3. In a well heated skillet with oil add the beaten eggs and wait till it is half cooked. Once half cooked toss the pan to fold in the egg to smoothly fold it in. The omelet would be cooked on the outside and only half cooked on the inside. Remove the skillet form the heat and set it aside.
4. Plate up the prepared fried rice and turn the half cooked omelet over the rice to cover it. Using a knife slit the top of the omelet to open it up slightly revealing the fluffy inside.
5. Serve warm drizzled with ketchup or okonomi sauce.
Another variation in making the omelet is by making a large thin omelet and putting the rice inside and wrapping it with the omelet.