- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Japanese Ginger Rice With Toasted Seaweed Recipe
|Short grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Uncooked)|
|Boiling chicken broth/Weak tea||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ginger root piece||1 , peeled, minced|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Crumbled dried seaweed||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1559 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.7%
Saturated Fat 0.3 g1.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2261.9 mg94.2%
Total Carbohydrates 226 g75.2%
Dietary Fiber 101.2 g404.7%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 109 g218.6%
Vitamin A 576% Vitamin C 483.8%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 37.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) In a heavy saucepan, combine the rice, broth, ginger, salt, and soy sauce, cover and allow to boil over a high heat.
3) Lower the heat, stir and cook covered for 15 minutes, then remove the lid and cook for further 3-5 minutes.
4) Over an ungreased baking sheet, evenly sprinkle the seaweed and toast for 12-15 minutes until slightly crisp.
5) Garnish the rice with the seaweed and serve immediately.