- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Genmai Zosui Recipe Video
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Shiitake mushrooms||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sliced (Fresh Shiitake mushrooms used)|
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Left over cooked rice used)|
|Eggs||2 Large, beaten|
|Fresh chives||1 Teaspoon, chopped (To garnish)|
Calories 247 Calories from Fat 37
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.4%
Saturated Fat 0.85 g4.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg
Sodium 2561.2 mg106.7%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 10 g19.3%
Vitamin A 3.5% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 2.2% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a large pot and heat it with a liter of dashi. To that add soy sauce and sake.
2. Once the dashi is boiling add the Shiitake mushrooms and lower the heat down to medium and let it cook for 5 minutes. Stir it gently and make sure the rice is warmed through.
3. Meanwhile in a bowl beat the eggs.
4. Stir the simmering dashi with mushrooms and gently pour in the beaten eggs in a circular motion and cover and let it cook on low for about 3 minutes. After 3 minutes take the pot off the heat and let it stand for another 3 minutes.
5. Serve warm garnished with chopped fresh chives or negi.