- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Japanese Beef Teriyaki with Sticky Rice Recipe
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, finley minced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Light brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Pepper red||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Short grain rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 766 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.2%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g21.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.4 mg
Sodium 3725.3 mg155.2%
Total Carbohydrates 136 g45.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.7%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 25 g50.9%
Vitamin A 2.3% Vitamin C 8.2%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 47.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a shallow dish or bowl, put together all the marinade ingredients and mix well.
2. Add in the steaks and rub with the marinade.
3. Let the steaks marinate at room temperature for 1-2 hours or refrigerate overnight; occasionally turn the steaks to coat evenly.
4. In a strainer, rinse rice under cold running water until the clear water comes out of the rice.
5. In a bowl of water, soak rice for 1 hour and drain after 1 hour.
6. Preheat grill or broiler.
7. In a saucepan, place drained rice and add 2 cups of cold water and bring it to a boil.
8. Reduce the heat to low, cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer for about 15 minutes until the water has been absorbed and the rice is sticky and soft.
9. Keep the rice warm.
10. Over the pre heated grill, place the marinated steak and grill for about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare or 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium.
11. Slice the grilled steak across the grain and serve with the rice.