- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Japanese Steamed Fish Recipe
|Sesame seeds||50 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Sake/Water /white wine||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Fresh ginger root||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Fish||2 Pound (Of Your Choice, 1 Kilogram)|
|Vegetable oil||15 Milliliter (3 Teaspoon)|
|Soy sauce||60 Milliliter (Kikkoman If Available, 1/4 Cup)|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Green onions||125 Milliliter, minced (1/2 Cup)|
Calories 277 Calories from Fat 111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.6%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78.6 mg
Sodium 830.4 mg34.6%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 33 g65.4%
Vitamin A 20.2% Vitamin C 15.9%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small glass bowl, place the sesame seeds and the 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil.
2. Place the bowl in the microwave and cook on High for 1 or 2 minutes, stirring 3 times.
3. Stop cooking when the sesame seeds are golden brown, and keep aside.
4. In a large microwaveable dish, pour the Sake, water or white wine, ginger root and salt.
5. Cover the dish and cook for 5 minutes in the microwave at Medium to bring out the delicate ginger flavor.
6. Add the fish to the hot liquid and baste it 3 or 4 times.
7. Cover again and cook for 5 to 7 more minutes at Medium-High depending on type of fish used. It should be done when it flakes with a fork.
8. Let it stand covered, for a while.
9. In a bowl, mix the vegetable oil, soy sauce, pepper and the fried sesame seeds.
10. Place in the microwave, and heat for 40 seconds at High.
11. Pour the sauce over the fish and serve sprinkled with minced onions.