- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jang Po Recipe
|Beef rump||1 Pound|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Minced gingerroot||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground toasted sesame seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seed oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced pine nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 429 Calories from Fat 234
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.3%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 908 mg37.8%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.94 g3.7%
Sugars 8.5 g
Protein 27 g54.7%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Slice meat into 1/8 inch pieces.
2) Mix in sugar and leave aside for a minute or two.
3) Lightly grill over charcoal until meat surface is just parched and then pound.
4) In the meantime, mix soy sauce, onion, garlic, gingerroot, sesame seed, pepper, and sesame-seed oil for the sauce.
5) Dip meat into this sauce and brown on all sides by grilling lightly once more, tossing occasionally.
6) Pound the grilled meat and grill once more after dipping into the sauce.
7) Make 1-inch squares from meat and add minced pine nuts lightly.
8) Serve warm.
Froze the meat until hard to slice easily into 1/8 inch slices.