- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jambon A La Crème Recipe
|Baked ham slices||8 (Thick Ones)|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2489 Calories from Fat 1580
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 180 g276.3%
Saturated Fat 108.2 g541.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 545 mg
Sodium 1768.2 mg73.7%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g25.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.3%
Sugars 18.9 g
Protein 116 g232.4%
Vitamin A 212.9% Vitamin C 120%
Calcium 98.3% Iron 33.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Trim mushrooms and cut into thick slices.
2) Peel and finely chop the shallots.
3) Peel tomatoes, deseed, and chop flesh coarsely.
4) Preheat oven at 400°F
5) In a shallow pan cook mushroom with wine. Reduce wine to 3 tablespoons.
6) Drain out mushroom and set aside.
7) Add shallots to the wine and cook till wine has evaporated.
8) In a pan, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
9) Mix cream to make a smooth sauce.
10) Add seasoning.
11) Mix cooked shallots and chopped tomatoes.
12) Boil the sauce, lower the heat and simmer for 5-6 minutes stirring in between.
13) Lightly butter a flameproof dish and place ham in it.
14) Sprinkle mushrooms on top and pour cream sauce.
15) Sprinkle cheese evenly and dot with remaining butter.
16) Place dish under the broiler till cheese is browned.
17) Alternately, place the dish in oven and bake till cheese is brown.
18) Serve with buttered noodles and tossed green salad. Boiled potatoes and creamed spinach would go well with this.