- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Dressed fryer||3 1⁄2 Pound, cut into pieces|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Raw rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green peppers||2 , thinly sliced|
|Finely chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Mushrooms in juice||3 Ounce, sliced (1 Can)|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Condensed tomato soup||21 Ounce (2 Cans, About 10 1/2 Ounces Each)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 906 Calories from Fat 482
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g82.7%
Saturated Fat 16.4 g81.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 214.6 mg
Sodium 609.3 mg25.4%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.2%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 54 g107.2%
Vitamin A 22.7% Vitamin C 83.9%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 19%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Coat the chicken pieces with seasoned flour.
2. In a large skillet or Dutch oven, melt the butter in oil over a medium flame.
3. Add the chicken pieces and brown evenly.
4. Remove on to a platter and keep aside.
5. To the juices in the skillet, add the rice, peppers, celery, onions and garlic, bayleaf and thyme.
6. Sauté rice and vegetables for 15 minutes until the onions are soft and lightly browned.
7. Return the browned chicken and tip in mushrooms, wine, soup, water and Tabasco and give a good stir to blend flavors.
8. Cover the skillet with a lid and braise rice for 25 minutes until tender, stirring once or twice and adding more water if needed.
9. Dish out into a tureen or casserole.
10. Serve hot.