- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jambalaya with Meat and Veggies Recipe Video
|For the creole seasoning:|
|Dry oregano||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry thyme||1 Tablespoon|
|Granulated garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||2 Tablespoon|
|For the jambalaya:|
|White long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄4 , julienned|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄4 , julienned|
|Yellow bell pepper||1⁄4 , julienned|
|Celery stalks||2 , julienned|
|Sweet onion||1⁄2 , julienned|
|Chicken breast||8 Ounce|
|Shrimp||8 Ounce, peeled and deveined|
|Andouille sausage||5 Ounce|
|Olive oil||4 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (whole peeled canned tomatoes in juice)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Hot sauce/Tabasco sauce||To Taste|
|Green onions||1 Tablespoon, chop|
Calories 520 Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.5%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 146.3 mg
Sodium 3337.7 mg139.1%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.5%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 39 g77.5%
Vitamin A 51.4% Vitamin C 83%
Calcium 30.6% Iron 65.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook the rice with water in a rice cooker.
2. In a pan, add a teaspoon of olive oil and brown the peppers, celery, garlic and onions. Season with a tablespoon of the creole seasoning.
3. Season the shrimp and chicken on all sides with the creole seasoning.
4. In 4 separate saute pans, add a teaspoon of olive oil to each and place cook chicken in 1 pan, the shrimp in another and the sausage in the last pan.
5. Once the chicken, shrimp and sausage are are cooked through, cut them up and add them to the vegetables.
6. Add chicken stock and tomatoes to the pan and cook down. Add hot sauce and adjust seasonings.
7. Serve the jambalaya in a bowl with rice and garnish with green onions.