- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Broiler fryer chicken||4 Pound, cut in pieces (2 Pieces, 2 Pound Each)|
|Ham||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced, cooked|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon (Or 1/2 Stick)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Onions||2 Large, chopped to make 2 cups|
|Canned tomatoes||2 Pound, stewed (2 Cans, 1 Pound Each)|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), uncooked|
|Celery||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
Calories 1446 Calories from Fat 746
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 83 g127.8%
Saturated Fat 27.9 g139.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 396.6 mg
Sodium 1671 mg69.6%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.8%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.2%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 102 g203.2%
Vitamin A 61.1% Vitamin C 71.2%
Calcium 21.7% Iron 45.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a Dutch oven, lightly brown the chicken pieces in the butter or margarine, remove and keep aside.
2) Then lightly brown the ham, stir in the garlic and onions, saute for 5 minutes, until softened.
3) Then return the chicken into the oven and stir in the tomatoes, salt and chili powder.
4) Allow to boil , then simmer covered on a low heat for 30 minutes.
5) Stir in the rice and celery and cook for another 30 minutes, or until the chicken and rice are tender.
6) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.