- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jambalaya Recipe Video
|Italian sausage/Kielbasa||3 , sliced|
|Ham||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed|
|American rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cajun seasoning||2 Tablespoon|
|Celery rib||100 Gram, chop (1)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Large, chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Large, chopped|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Fresh thyme leaves||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mince|
|Lemon||1 , juiced, zested|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 642 Calories from Fat 295
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.6%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74.8 mg
Sodium 679.7 mg28.3%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g20.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.8%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 24 g47.3%
Vitamin A 77.9% Vitamin C 77.7%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a large skillet on medium high heat, pour oil and crisp bacon in it. Remove bacon from skillet and set aside.
2. In the same skillet, drop sausage and ham. Crisp them as well. Remove from pan.
3. Pour little oil in the same skillet, drop celery, green pepper, carrot, and onion in it. Stir, and cook over high heat for 5 minutes or until caramelized.
4. Add Cajun seasoning and mix it well with oil.
5. Throw rice ,cooked sausage, and ham. Mix well.
6. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, salt and thyme. Mix.
7. Pour water to cover everything. Reduce the heat , cover it with lid, and allow it to boil for 5 minutes.
8. Turn off the heat and let it stand for 20 minutes. Discard thyme, and fluff rice with fork.
9. Serve jambalaya with crumbled bacon and parsley.