- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jamaican Jerk Chicken Recipe Video
|Chicken whole||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|All spice powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green onion||5 Bunch (500 gm), cut into 1/3|
|Fresh thyme||100 Gram|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lime juice/Key lime juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Habanero pepper/Scotch bonnet pepper||5|
|Coarse salt||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh ground black pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm)|
Calories 663 Calories from Fat 301
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g51.6%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g47.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 189.9 mg
Sodium 2307.6 mg96.1%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 13.3 g53.1%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 63 g126.6%
Vitamin A 131.6% Vitamin C 183%
Calcium 35.4% Iron 68.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remove the chicken backbone.
2. In a blender, place all ingredients, except the chicken, and blend until smooth.
3. Retain 1 cup of the mixture, and pour the rest of the mixture onto the chicken.Using your hand, nicely coat both sides of the chicken with the marinade.Refrigerate for about 6.5 hours.
4. Pre-heat the grill to 550F.
5. Put the chicken onto the grill, breast side down. Spread the extra marinade on the chicken and cook at 450F for 10 minutes.
6. Rotate the chicken at 90 degrees and cook at 400F to 450F for another 15 minutes.
7. Turn over, put some of the reserved marinade onto the chicken, cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
8. Rotate at 90 degrees, allow to sit at 160F for 10 to 15 minutes.
9. Remove the chicken from the grill and allow to rest for about 10 minutes.
10. Cut into big chunks.Serve with fresh vegetable salad and Jamaican beer.