- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jamaican Jerk Tempeh-Tofu Recipe Video
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apple cider vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Pure)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cumin||2 Teaspoon|
|Chipotle powder||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Jamaican jerk sauce||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 493 Calories from Fat 317
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.5%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g25.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1830.6 mg76.3%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.82 g3.3%
Sugars 17.6 g
Protein 16 g32.4%
Vitamin A 13.2% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 22.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375F.
2. Lay the cut tempeh into a baking dish and add the tofu inside it too.
3. In a mixing bowl, pour soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, olive oil and vegetable oil and whisk it together.
4. Add cumin, chipotle powder and jamaican jerk sauce and whisk it well.
5. Pour the sauce over the tempeh and tofu.
6. Bake the tofu for 30 minutes covered with aluminium foil, and check it every once in a while. If its bubbling, take the cover off.
7. This baked tempeh and tofu makes for excellent finger food at any party.