- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jamaican Jerk Chicken Recipe
|Ground allspice||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Teaspoon|
|Spring onion||4 , chopped|
|Red chilies||2 , deseeded and chopped|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Light muscovado sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Sunflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Boneless skinless chicken breast||4|
|Limes||2 , 1 lime juiced, the other cut into quarters|
Calories 260 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.8%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.8 mg
Sodium 118.4 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.9%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 41 g81.1%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 30%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a blender bowl or food processor and place the spring onions, thyme, chillies. Spices, oil and sugar in it.
2) Process or blend until the mixture becomes smooth.
3) Season with salt if required.
4) Take a shallow dish and mix the marinade with the chicken spreading evenly.
5) Cover the dish and let it marinate for half an hour or overnight.
6) Take a frying pan or griddle pan and heat it.
7) Sprinkle a few drops of lime juice on marinated chicken and place it in the pan.
8) Cook it slowly for half an hour turning it over once.
9) Serve as required.