- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jamaican Gingerbread Recipe
|Unsalted butter||8 Tablespoon (1 Stick, At Room Temperature)|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Packed light brown sugar/Packed dark brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar/Light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Packed)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon zest||1 Tablespoon, finely grated|
|Finely grated lemon zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Allspice||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Ground allspice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3790 Calories from Fat 1230
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 140 g215.2%
Saturated Fat 81 g405%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 952.3 mg
Sodium 2737.6 mg114.1%
Total Carbohydrates 610 g203.2%
Dietary Fiber 18.6 g74.3%
Sugars 364.2 g
Protein 51 g101.1%
Vitamin A 89.7% Vitamin C 74.3%
Calcium 82% Iron 141%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Brush a 9 x 4 x 2 1/2-inch loaf pan lightly with butter. Line the bottom with a parchment or waxed paper and butter the paper. Lightly dust the pan with flour, shake out the excess flour.
3) In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, molasses, honey and brown sugar together with an electric mixer until smooth.
4) Gradually add the eggs, mix well. Then beat in sour cream, lemon zest and vanilla extract, blend well.
5) Sift the flour, baking soda, salt and spices together and fold into the batter with a spatula.
6) Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for about 50 to 55 minutes.
7) Allow the gingerbread to cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and peel off the paper, then cool further.
8) Slice and serve on individual serving plates.