- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jamaican Crab Salad Composee Recipe
|Non fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Lime zest||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely grated|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||6 , hard-cooked (3 Packages)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Mango||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Mixed greens||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, finley snipped|
Calories 435 Calories from Fat 276
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.9%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 393.1 mg
Sodium 693.8 mg28.9%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 8.5 g
Protein 23 g46.1%
Vitamin A 40.4% Vitamin C 44.6%
Calcium 21.1% Iron 16.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel hard-boiled egg and cut lengthwise into half.
2. Remove and chop yolk finely.
3. Keep aside the whites.
4. In a large mixing bowl, put together the egg yolks, mayonnaise, curry powder, and chutney; mix well.
5. In a food processor, blend together yogurt, garlic, lime zest, 1 table-spoon of the lime juice, and the paprika.
6. In another mixing bowl, toss crabmeat and ¼ cup yogurt mixture.
7. Transfer the dressing to a cup and keep aside.
8. Fill the egg white halves with the yolk mixture; stuff loosely and keep aside.
9. In another mixing bowl, toss the salad greens with vinaigrette.
10. Toss the banana slices with the remaining tablespoon of lime juice.
11. In 4 dinner plates, center the tossed salad greens.
12. Top greens with dressed crab evenly.
13. Alternate the stuffed eggs, 3 halves in each plate and banana slices around the greens and crab.
14. Garnish with snipped chives.
15. Serve immediately.