- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jamaican Light Fruit Cake Recipe
|Seedless raisins||1 Pound|
|Dry white wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Rum||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||2 Cup (32 tbs) (At Room Temperature)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||8 , well beaten|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 13620 Calories from Fat 3697
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 420 g646.9%
Saturated Fat 246.9 g1234.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2659.4 mg
Sodium 2306.2 mg96.1%
Total Carbohydrates 2052 g683.9%
Dietary Fiber 128.8 g515.1%
Sugars 1174 g
Protein 174 g347.5%
Vitamin A 339.8% Vitamin C 335.4%
Calcium 276.1% Iron 382.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Preheat oven to slow (300° F.).
3. Sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. Cream the butter, add the sugar and cream well. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add the flour mixture gradually, stirring until blended. Fold in the prepared fruit and liquor.
5. Grease four 8 1/2 by 4 1/4 by 2 1/4 inch pans, line with waxed paper and grease the paper. Fill not more than three-quarters full with the batter.
6. Place a shallow pan of hot water on the bottom of the oven; place the cakes on a rack in the middle of the oven and bake about three hours. Remove the pan of water thirty minutes before the cakes are done.
7. Remove the cakes with the paper and place on a rack to cool. Wrap in fresh waxed paper or aluminum foil and store in an airtight container in a cool place. Allow at least two weeks, preferably longer, for aging.