- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jam Sandwich Cookies Recipe
|All-purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Butter||250 Gram (1 Cup)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Groundnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raspberry jam||1 Tablespoon (Or Jam Of Your Choice)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5372 Calories from Fat 2279
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 261 g401%
Saturated Fat 141 g704.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1280 mg
Sodium 667.8 mg27.8%
Total Carbohydrates 681 g227%
Dietary Fiber 19.7 g78.8%
Sugars 276.4 g
Protein 86 g172.7%
Vitamin A 143.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 34.9% Iron 157.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350Â°F (180Â°C).
2. Slowly sift the flour into a large mixing bowl.
3. Combine the flour thoroughly with the butter, sugar, salt, cream, egg yolks and vanilla. Mix it very well.
4. Allow it to chill for several hours.
5. Roll the dough out on a floured board to a thickness of 1/8 inch (3 mm). Cut into 2-inch (5-cm) circles. Cut holes in the centers of half the circles.
6. Brush the cookies with the holes in them with the slightly beaten egg white. Sprinkle the cookies on top with nuts and sugar.
7. Place all the cookies on buttered cookie sheets and bake in a 350Â°F (180Â°C) oven for about ten minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
8. Spread jam on the plain cookies and top with the ones with holes. You may put a little extra jam in the centers.
9. Cool the cookies before serving