- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jam Roly-Poly Recipe Video
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
|Self raising flour||250 Gram|
|Brown sugar||60 Gram, divided (10 grams for topping)|
|Jam||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||1 , beaten|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (For dusting)|
Calories 406 Calories from Fat 190
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.5%
Saturated Fat 11.4 g57%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50.4 mg
Sodium 591.7 mg24.7%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 15.2 g
Protein 6 g11.6%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 15.8% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/ 400 degrees F. Grease a baking pan with butter and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, sift the self – raising flour. Add in the salt and suet. Pour in the water and stir with spatula.
3. Add in the brown sugar and mix well until it forms dough.
4. Dust the kitchen counter with flour and roll the dough with rolling pin. Cut the edges and make a square.
5. Spread the jam over it and start rolling. While rolling brush the edges with milk and roll. Brush the edges again with milk and place into the prepared baking dish.
6. Spread egg over the roll and top with brown sugar.
7. Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
8. Serve jam roly – poly with custard and enjoy!