- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jalebis Recipe Video
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (use as needed)|
|Lime juice||1 Teaspoon (juice of 1 lime)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rapid rise yeast||2 Teaspoon|
|Yellow color||1 Drop|
|Rose essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cardamom powder||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1723 Calories from Fat 283
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.4%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 14.4 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 346 g115.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.4%
Sugars 200.9 g
Protein 18 g35.1%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 47.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a sauce pan add sugar, water and lime juice and keep aside.
2. In a bowl mix all purpose flour, corn starch, rapid rise yeast, 1 tbsp sugar, 2/3 cup lukewarm water, yogurt, oil and saffron diluted in warm water adding little more water to make smooth and lump free batter.
3. Cover it and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
4. Heat sugar syrup on high heat and bring down the temperature to medium heat once it comes to a boil.
5. To the batter mix one drop of yellow color and pour into a squeezing bottle.
6. Add rose essence into the sugar syrup and check the sugar syrup consistency if it is two-thread.
7. Add ground cardamom and let the sugar syrup cool.
8. In a frying pan heat oil and squeeze batter from the outside then coiling inside in the hot oil.
9. Flip the jalebi on the other side and let it fry.
10. Once the jalebi is done add into the sugar syrup and flip it to coat with the syrup.
11. After a while check if the jalebis are crisp and juicy.
12. Place them onto a serving plate and serve with a cup of hot milk if desired.