- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jalapeño-Watermelon Fire and Ice Salsa Recipe Video
|Jalapeno||1 Medium, finely diced|
|Watermelon||1 Cup (16 tbs), dice|
|Yellow pepper||1⁄4 Medium, finely chopped|
|Green onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Lime||1⁄2 Medium, squeeze|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
Calories 38 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.3 g0.46%
Saturated Fat 0.03 g0.14%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 8.5 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 1 g2.5%
Vitamin A 36.1% Vitamin C 84.2%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small bowl, put jalapeno, and some seed depending on your taste. Keep it aside.
2. Take a large mixing bowl, put watermelon, and yellow pepper in it.
3. Add green onion, jalapeno and lime juice to it.
4. Sprinkle cilantro on top and toss it well.
5. Serve salsa chill with lemon wedge garnish.
Remove the top of jalapeno, cut it into halves, and scrape off the seeds. Cut it into thin slices. Turn and cut into very fine dice.
If you want your salsa to be real hot then add the seed.
Remove the hairy end of green onion, slice and cut into fine dice.
Soak cilantro in cold water to remove sand particles, pop up the leaves and chop finely.