- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jalapeno Jelly Recipe
|Fresh jalapenos||450 Gram|
|Wine vinegar||125 Milliliter|
|Granulated sugar||625 Milliliter|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2577 Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.3%
Saturated Fat 0.28 g1.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 14.5 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 653 g217.8%
Dietary Fiber 12.6 g50.4%
Sugars 640 g
Protein 6 g12.2%
Vitamin A 71.9% Vitamin C 333.3%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 21%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Rinse jalapenos and remove the stem.
2) Slice them into half, lengthwise.
3) In a sauce pan, bring the jalapenos, vinegar and water to a boil.
4) Simmer after reducing heat until peppers are soft and then puree in a food processor.
5) Into a bowl, allow the juice to drip for 8 hours or a whole night after placing the puree in a double thick cheesecloth or jelly bag.
6) On the next day, take a sauce pan; pour 3 cups (750 ml) of liquid into it and then allow sugar to dissolve in the liquid.
7) Bring this to a boil and then boil quickly for 5 minutes.
8) Take clean sterile jars; pour the liquid into them and seal tightly, labeling with production date.
9) Use as required.