- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jalapeno Cheese Bread in the Bread Maker Recipe Video
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (2 sticks of butter cut into 4 small cubes)|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Milk powder||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), shredded|
|Jalapeno peppers||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, diced and seeded|
|Active dried yeast||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 178 Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.3%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.1 mg
Sodium 217.4 mg9.1%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 6 g11.8%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 1.5%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In the bread maker, add the ingredients in the following order (or as suggested in the bread maker manual), water, all purpose flour, dry milk powder, sugar, salt, cheddar cheese and jalapeno pepper.
2. Using a spatula move the flour to the corners of the bread maker, add the cubes of butter in the 4 corners of the maker and add the active dry yeast in the middle.
3. Put the machine on the white bread setting, and bake the bread for 3 hours and 40 minutes.
4. Once done, remove the 1 and 1/2 pound loaf from the bread maker and let it cool down on the rack.
5. Slice the Jalapeno cheese bread, into desired pieces and serve with coffee or tea for breakfast.
6. Toast the slices and serve with delicious soup.