- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jackson Cookies Recipe
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 Small, beaten|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Pecans and walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (or)|
Calories 645 Calories from Fat 266
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.1%
Saturated Fat 16.1 g80.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121.5 mg
Sodium 179.8 mg7.5%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.8%
Sugars 58.5 g
Protein 9 g17%
Vitamin A 15.6% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease a cookie sheet with butter.
2. Preheat the oven to 375°F
3. Into a large basin, sift together, the flour, salt and spices using a fine mesh sieve. Keep aside.
4. Stir the soda into the milk and set aside.
5. Combine the raisins and nuts and lightly dust with flour.
6. In a large mixing bowl of an electric beater combine butter and sugar and beat until soft and light.
7. Add the eggs, little at a time and beat until well blended.
8. Stir in the dry ingredients alternately with the milk mixture to make a thick smooth batter.
9. Fold in the raisins and nuts
10. Immediately pour batter and spread evenly on a baking sheet using a palette knife of back of a spoon.
11. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden.
12. Remove tray from the oven and let stand for a while then cut into equal size squares or fingers while still warm.
13. Dust with icing sugar or frost if you like.
14. Serve with tea or coffee.