- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jack Cake Recipe
|Enriched flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), sifted|
|Salad oil/Melted shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Corn cereal||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs), crushed (Toasted)|
|Sour milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Light molasses||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 216 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.6%
Saturated Fat 0.98 g4.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.4 mg
Sodium 369 mg15.4%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 11.7 g
Protein 6 g12.7%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 5.8%
Calcium 21.2% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2) Butter an 8 inch square shaped baking pan.
3) Take a large bowl and soft flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda and salt in it.
4) Stir in cereal crumbs.
5) Take a bowl and beat together milk, egg and molasses in it.
6) Add oil and stir nicely.
7) Add mixture to the dry ingredients.
8) Keep stirring only until blended.
9) Pour mixture into the prepared pan.
10) Bake for about 20 minutes or until browned.
11) Cut and serve Jack Cake with whipped cream and maple syrup, if desired.