- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Minestrone Dave's Vegetarian Soup Recipe Video
|Beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked pasta||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Squash||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1⁄4 , chopped|
|Tomatoes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|V8 juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Italian seasoning||1 Teaspoon (dave's)|
|Fresh herbs||1⁄6 Cup (2.67 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, mince|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 257 Calories from Fat 27
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.8%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.2 mg6.1%
Sodium 399.7 mg16.7%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.3%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 16 g31.6%
Vitamin A 35.9% Vitamin C 29.4%
Calcium 13.6% Iron 21.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak the beans overnight and drain well. Set aside.
2. In a pressure cooker, add beans with water and cook for 8 minutes.
3. In a pan over medium heat, add olive oil. Saute onion and add garlic, Italian seasonings, salt and pepper.
4. Add in the squash, bell pepper, tomatoes, carrot and stir fry for a few minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Open the pressure cooker, add vegetable mixture and mix well. Add in the v8 juice, tomato past, tomato sauce, vegetable broth and pasta.
6. Pour water, bring everything to a boil, then cook for 8 minutes.
7. Cover the cooker and simmer for 20 minutes.
8. Remove from the heat and transfer to a bowl. Garnish with parmesan cheese, fresh herbs.
9. Serve the Italian Minestrone with croutons or sandwich.