- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Wedding Soup Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, fiely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Fresh flat leaf parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 Large, beaten|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Ditalini/Orzo||1 Cup (16 tbs) ((type of pasta))|
|Manischewitz all natural chicken broth||32 Ounce|
|Frozen spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs), thawed and squeezed dry|
Calories 376 Calories from Fat 217
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.2%
Saturated Fat 8 g40.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 88.6 mg29.5%
Sodium 671.1 mg28%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 19 g37.9%
Vitamin A 78.7% Vitamin C 27.8%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small sauté pan over medium-high heat, heat oil and sauté onions for 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes more. Let cool slightly.
2. In a medium bowl, combine onions and garlic with ground beef, parsley, bread crumbs, egg, salt, and pepper. Form into meatballs 1/2 – inch in diameter. Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
3. While meatballs are chilling, cook pasta according to package instructions.
4. In a large pot, bring broth to a boil and gently lower meatballs, one at a time into the broth; reduce heat to simmer and cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes, adding spinach for the last few minutes.
5. Add pasta. Taste and adjust salt and pepper, if needed.
6. Serve Italian Wedding Soup hot.