- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Tomato Salad Topping Recipe
|Coarsely chopped tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped red onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diagonally sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Italian dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Wish - Bone)|
|Dry red wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh basil/1 teaspoon dry basil, chopped / crushed||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 528 Calories from Fat 290
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.5%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g25.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1969.7 mg82.1%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 10 g39.8%
Sugars 33.5 g
Protein 7 g13.4%
Vitamin A 87.4% Vitamin C 104.3%
Calcium 15.6% Iron 13.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a large bowl and combine onion, tomatoes and celery.
2) Take another small mixing bowl and combine Italian dressing, red wine and basil. Blend well.
3) Pour the prepared dressing over the vegetables and toss nicely.
4) Fill the mixture in a 1-quart jar and secure the lid tightly. Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight, turning the jar occasionally.
5) Serve with lunch or dinner and simply enjoy!
TIP - Italian Tomato Salad Topping can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.