- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Tempura - Cooking in Manhattan with Serena Recipe Video
|Large shrimps||2 Cup (32 tbs), shelled and deveined with the tail left|
|Zucchini||1 Large, cut into thick pieces like the shrimp|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Acqua ferrarelle/Sparkling water||1 Liter|
|Canola oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) ((for deep frying))|
Calories 236 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.3%
Saturated Fat 0.63 g3.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.6 mg
Sodium 486.1 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 8 g15%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 9.4%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, put together the dry ingredients and whisk it to mix well.
2. Gradually add Acqua Ferrarelle until the batter is of required consistency.
3. In a large bowl, take some flour and dredge the zucchini with flour so that the batter sticks to it.
4. In a frying pan, heat oil and dip the zucchini in the batter and fry them in small batches.
5. Then, repeat the same process with shrimps.
6. Serve them hot.