- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Style Picnic Sandwich Recipe
|Thousand island salad dressing||1 Tablespoon|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Refrigerated pizza dough||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Mozzarella cheese||3 Ounce, sliced|
|Baked ham||6 Ounce, thinly sliced|
|Provolone cheese/Swiss cheese||2 Ounce, sliced|
|Hard salami||1 Ounce, sliced|
Calories 350 Calories from Fat 140
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.6%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.4 mg
Sodium 822.8 mg34.3%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.04 g0.16%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 24 g47.7%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 0.03%
Calcium 22.8% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) In a bowl, beat together salad dressing and mustard.
3) Unroll the dough on the baking sheet.
4) Fold the sides of the dough to make 10X12- inch rectangle.
5) Place the mozzarella cheese on one lengthwise half of the dough, leaving 1 inch of dough uncovered along 3 sides.
6) Smear half of the dressing mixture over the cheese.
7) Place in layer ham, provolone, remaining dressing mixture and salami over mozzarella cheese.
8) Fold other half of dough over layers.
9) Press with fork to seal the edges.
10) Cut slits on top layer.
11) Bake in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes.
12) After 10 minutes cover with foil and return to the oven.
13) Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
14) Cut in squares and serve warm.