- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian-Style Napoleon Cake Recipe Video
|Frozen puff pastry||17 1⁄3 Ounce (1 Package, 2 Sheets)|
|Whole milk||750 Milliliter|
|Vanilla bean||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Can Be Cut In Half)|
|Toasted walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crushed|
Calories 2475 Calories from Fat 1307
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 148 g227.5%
Saturated Fat 35.1 g175.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 143.2 mg
Sodium 926.1 mg38.6%
Total Carbohydrates 258 g85.9%
Dietary Fiber 11.8 g47.2%
Sugars 124.5 g
Protein 42 g84.6%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 57.5% Iron 48.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Defrost puff pastry overnight in refrigerator.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F or as mentioned on puff pastry package.
3. Unroll both sheets of the pastry, place them on baking sheet and pop into oven for 15-20 minutes or until light golden and puffed.
4. Then take out and let them completely to cool.
5. Meanwhile, let's make cream patisserie:
6. In saucepan warm the milk thru but don’t boil. Add to milk vanilla bean that was cut lengthwise and seeds scraped out.
7. In a bowl whisk well egg, sugar and cornstarch.
8. When the milk is warm, start slowly adding it to egg, sugar and cornstarch mixture; about 1 cup of milk, whisking constantly.
9. Return the rest of the milk to medium heat, add the egg, sugar and cornstarch mixture and continue to cook and whisk for 2-4 minutes or until it thickens.
10. Sift the cream thru fine sift, cover it with plastic wrap, make sure that plastic touches the cream.
11. Cool it in the fridge for at least 2 hours or until completely cold.
12. When everything is cold, take serving platter and place the first layer of puff pastry, then cover it with half of the cream patisserie.
13. Top it with next layer of pastry and cover with the rest of the cream.
14. Sprinkle the toasted walnuts on top, let it stand for 30 minutes
15. Serve cold.