- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Stuffed Chicken Recipe
|Chopped olives/Sundried tomatoes||2 Tablespoon (Whatever You Have Got)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Dried mixed herbs||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Full fat soft cheese||200 Gram (200 Gram Tub)|
|Boneless, skinless chicken breasts||4 (Plump)|
|Ripe tomatoes||4 , sliced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (For Drizzling)|
Calories 392 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 122.8 mg
Sodium 312.4 mg13%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 50 g100.5%
Vitamin A 31.8% Vitamin C 30.1%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat the oven to 220c/fan 200/gas mark 7.
2) Add most of the herbs, olives or sun-dried tomatoes and garlic into the cheese and beat them together. Season.
3) Using your knife, make a slit along the sides of each chicken breast. Make a little pocket by opening out the slit a bit.
4) Add a spoonful of stuffing into the pockets. Then press the pocket opening together to shut.
5) Grease the baking tray with little oil or some butter. Place the stuffed chicken thighs onto the tray. Sprinkle seasoning on top of the chicken.
6) Then, over the top of each piece of chicken, overlap the tomato slices. Sprinkle the remaining herbs and some olive oil.
7) Roast the chicken thighs for 20 mins. They must be golden around the edges and the tomatoes must shrivel with the juices out.
8) Serve the chicken with a green salad and a few slices of crusty bread.