- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spaghetti (Pasta) Sauce and Meatballs Recipe Video
|Eggs||3 , boiled|
|Ground beef||226 Gram|
|Ground veal||226 Gram|
|Ground pork meat||226 Gram|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), grated|
|Italian breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmigiano cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , lightly beaten|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For spaghetti sauce|
|Onion||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely grated|
|Canned tomatoes||224 Ounce, crushed|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (wash the tomato cans and use water)|
|Dried basil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6958 Calories from Fat 3526
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 394 g606.1%
Saturated Fat 128.3 g641.5%
Trans Fat 1.1 g
Cholesterol 2423.1 mg
Sodium 13974.3 mg582.3%
Total Carbohydrates 571 g190.3%
Dietary Fiber 148.7 g594.9%
Sugars 21.7 g
Protein 386 g772.8%
Vitamin A 1067% Vitamin C 1150.2%
Calcium 419.7% Iron 699.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl add in the all 3 meat and eggs, mix lightly.
2. Add in remaining ingredients to the mixture except the olive oil. Mix lightly but thoroughly.
3. Form meatballs keeping hands rinsed in cold water. Makes 20 meatballs from the mixture.
4. Heat a large, heavy stockpot pours in olive oil. Let the oil heat and add 6 meatballs to pan. Allow to brown and then turn to brown on all sides.
5. Remove the balls to a clean bowl and continue browning remaining meatballs.
6. Fry sausages and eggs in same pot. Remove from the pot and place with meatballs.
7. For Making Sauce – in the same pot add in the onion and sauté until softened.
8. Add in the garlic and cook for 2 minutes more.
9. Stir in the tomatoes, water oregano, basil, red pepper and bay leaves. Stir well and bring to boil.
10. Add in the meatballs, sausages and eggs to the sauce.
11. Simmer for 300 minutes, stirring in between.
12. Serve Spaghetti Sauce and Meatballs with your favorite pasta and enjoy!
Use a Flame Tamer to prevent the sauce sticking on the bottom, if you don’t have one, keep the heat as low as possible to allow a simmer and stir frequently.