- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Sausage with Tomato Recipe
|Italian sausages||1 Pound (6 nos.)|
|Canned tomato paste||8 Ounce (1 can)|
|Canned beef broth||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 can, not condensed)|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon, freshly grated|
Calories 683 Calories from Fat 339
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.4%
Saturated Fat 14 g69.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97.2 mg
Sodium 1287.1 mg53.6%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.4%
Sugars 10.5 g
Protein 33 g65.2%
Vitamin A 28% Vitamin C 21.2%
Calcium 17% Iron 26.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook the noodles according to package instructions given; drain and set aside.
2. In a saucepan, over medium heat cook the sausages till brown sausage; drain off the fat.
3. Add tomato paste, beef broth and oregano; stir well to mix well.
4. Add sausages and bring the mixture to boil; reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until mixture is thick and sausages are cooked well.
5. Arrange pasta on 4 individual serving plates; top with some of the sauce and 2 sausages for each serving.
6. Garnish with grated cheese and serve hot.
To cook pasta properly, use plenty of water. A too-small pot and too little water encourage the pasta to clump and stick together, thus cooking unevenly. Using plenty of water helps to prevent pasta from sticking together by quickly washing away the exuded starch.