- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Sausage with Rigatoni Recipe
|Italian sausage links||8 Ounce|
|Leeks||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Peas||1 Cup (16 tbs) (fresh or frozen)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||3 Dash|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon (for garnishing)|
Calories 440 Calories from Fat 163
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.5%
Saturated Fat 6 g30.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 44.8 mg
Sodium 517.1 mg21.5%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.2%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 19 g37.1%
Vitamin A 26.4% Vitamin C 43%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 16.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remove casings from sausage and break them into small pieces.
2. In a saucepan, cook the sausage well until it is browned; drain off fat.
3. Add peas, leaks and chicken broth; cook over low heat for about 5 minutes.
4. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
5. Add noodles with the mixture and combine thoroughly.
6. Arrange the Italian Sausage with Rigatoni on a serving platter and sprinkle with parsley, drizzle with olive oil, and serve hot.