- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sausage and Vegetable Frittata Recipe Video
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Sweet italian sausage||6 Ounce (Casings Removed)|
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Bell pepper||1 , diced (Any Color)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cheese||2 Ounce, crumbled|
|Fresh basil||2 Tablespoon, thinly sliced|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 325 Calories from Fat 213
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.8%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 365.4 mg
Sodium 680.7 mg28.4%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 21 g42.2%
Vitamin A 25.3% Vitamin C 57.1%
Calcium 18.9% Iron 14%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. When oil starts to shimmer, add sausage. Break sausage up with a wooden spoon.
3. After 2 minutes, add the onion and pepper and cook until softened and sausage is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
4. While sausage mixture is cooking, whisk together eggs and cream until well blended. Stir in cheese, basil, salt and pepper.
5. Pour egg mixture into skillet. Reduce heat to medium. Using a rubber or silicone spatula, go around the edges of the skillet and let uncooked egg run underneath. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned.
6. Place large plate (bigger than the pan) over skillet; invert frittata onto plate. Return frittata, uncooked side down, to skillet. Cook about 2 minutes or until center is just set.
6. If you don't want to fuss with inverting the frittata onto a plate you can cook it in a 350 oven. After eggs have cooked 4 to 5 minutes, place skillet in the oven (make sure it's an oven-proof skillet) and cook 2-4 minutes or until set and dry to touch.
7. Using a rubber or silicone spatula, loosen the frittata from the pan and slide it out onto a serving plate.
8. Cut into wedges to Serve warm or at room temperature, as a main dish. Also great for tapas or appetizers.
9. Serve with a salad and sliced baguette.