- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Rice Balls Recipe
|Regular rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Shredded provolone cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce, cubed (1 Package)|
|Italian bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Packaged Variety)|
|Vegetable oil/Shortening||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Hollandaise sauce mix||1 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3297 Calories from Fat 1299
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 148 g228.1%
Saturated Fat 55.2 g276.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1148.2 mg382.7%
Sodium 3714.9 mg154.8%
Total Carbohydrates 350 g116.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.3%
Sugars 13.3 g
Protein 132 g263.9%
Vitamin A 75.1% Vitamin C 16.6%
Calcium 206.3% Iron 56.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Beat egg whites slightly in a pie plate; place bread crumbs in a second pie plate. Gently roll rice balls in egg white, then in bread crumbs, to coat evenly. Chill at least 1 hour, or until firm.
3. Pour enough vegetable oil or melt enough shortening in a large, heavy saucepan to make a 3-inch depth; heat to 375° on a deep-fat thermometer.
4. Fry rice balls, 2 or 3 at a time, turning once, about 4 minutes, or until golden. Drain on paper toweling; keep warm.
5. While rice balls cook, prepare hollandaise-sauce mix in a small saucepan, stir in parsley.
6. Arrange rice balls on a heated serving platter; spoon sauce over.