- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Pork Pot Roast with Vegetables Recipe Video
|Pork blade roast||3 Pound, boneless|
|Ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Onion||1 Large, chop|
|Celery stalk||3 , thinly sliced|
|Tomato sauce||1 Can (10 oz) (Italian style)|
|Vegetable broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Yukon gold potato||4 , quartered|
|Parsnip||2 , sliced into chunks|
|Rutabaga||1 Medium, peeled, thinly sliced|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, mince|
Calories 677 Calories from Fat 226
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.7%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 200 mg
Sodium 121.3 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32.1%
Sugars 12.4 g
Protein 72 g144.4%
Vitamin A 22.3% Vitamin C 68.4%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2. In a large bowl, place pork piece, and sprinkle cayenne pepper, and ground black pepper on it. Coat well.
3. In a bowl, combine celery, onion, tomato sauce, vegetable broth, and lemon juice. Mix.
4. In a roasting pan, pour tomato sauce mixture.
5. Place pork on top of it. Cover, place it in oven, and roast for 30 minutes.
6. Remove pan from oven, and insert rutabaga, potatoes, and parsnip in it.
7. Cover, and return the pan to oven for one more hour.
8. Sprinkle parsley and serve Italian pork pot roast hot.
Perfectly cooked pork should have an internal temperature of 160 degree.