- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Peppers And Onions Recipe
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Sweet red pepper/Sweet green peppers / 8 italian sweet green peppers||3 Large, washed, cored, seeded, and cut in long, thin strips|
|Spanish onion||1 Medium, peeled and sliced thin|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
Calories 151 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.8%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 250 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.6%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 2 g3.2%
Vitamin A 59.4% Vitamin C 208.8%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over a moderate high flame.
2. Add peppers, onion, and garlic and sauté for 8 minutes until onion is golden.
3. Reduce the flame and cover and simmer for 5 minutes, shaking pan to toss occasionally.
4. Uncover, and heat for 1-2 minutes until all moisture has evaporated.
5. Season with salt and pepper
6. Serve as a side to veal or chicken or use as a filling for subs and sandwiches.