- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Pasta Salad. Simple, Fast and Fresh Recipe Video
|Angel hair pasta||1 Pound|
|Low fat italian dressing||16 Ounce (zesty)|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 , diced very finely|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 , diced very finely|
|Broccoli||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced very finely|
|Cauliflower||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced very finely|
|Green onion||2 Medium, diced very finely|
|Tomato||1⁄2 , diced very finely|
|Black olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced very finely|
|Pepperoni||3 Tablespoon, diced very finely|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced (Optional)|
|Mild cheddar cheese||1 Teaspoon, grated (Optional)|
|Frozen peas||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Cucumber||1 Teaspoon, diced very finely (Optional)|
Calories 494 Calories from Fat 186
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.7%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g16.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.8 mg
Sodium 1263.1 mg52.6%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.6%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 12 g24.9%
Vitamin A 14.8% Vitamin C 73.7%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Put the angel hair pasta and cook until al dente. Do not overcook.
3. In a colander drain the pasta and rinse with cold water. Set aside to cool.
4. In a large bowl, transfer the cooled pasta.
5. Pour the Zesty Italian Dressing over it and toss or stir to coat.
6. Put the chopped vegetables and other ingredients, mix well to combine.
7. Cover and refrigerate until very cold.
8. Remove from fridge and toss or mix well just before serving.
9. In a serving plate or bowl, serve the chilled salad either with crispy bread or as it is.