- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Minestrone Recipe
|Lean beef||1 Pound, cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Celery stalks||1 , chopped|
|Carrots||4 , cut into small bite-size sticks|
|Turnip||2 , cubed|
|Potato||1 Medium, cubed|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Cabbage head||1⁄2 Small, finely shredded|
|Macaroni||2 Ounce, cooked according to package directions and drained|
|Cooked rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||3 , peeled, cut into small wedges|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon, grated|
Calories 293 Calories from Fat 65
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.2%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.8 mg
Sodium 560.3 mg23.3%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g21.9%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 24 g47.5%
Vitamin A 152% Vitamin C 68.2%
Calcium 18% Iron 16%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a slow cooker, place together, beef, water, onions, celery, carrots, turnips, potato, garlic, and salt.
2) Put the lid on and simmer for 8 hours.
3) Raise the heat to high and add cabbage before last 20 minutes of cooking.
4) Stir in macaroni, rice and tomatoes before last 10 minutes and continue cooking on high heat.
5) Serve hot in soup bowls, garnished with cheese and parsley or with pesto sauce if desired.