- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Meat Sauce Recipe
|Italian sausage links||4 Ounce|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Canned whole tomatoes||32 Ounce, cut up (2 Cans)|
|Canned tomato paste||12 Ounce (2 Cans)|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
Calories 398 Calories from Fat 237
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.5%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68.3 mg
Sodium 590.7 mg24.6%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24.1%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 21 g42.2%
Vitamin A 41.9% Vitamin C 48.4%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 28.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Slice the sausage links into ¼ inch thick portions.
2. Take a 12 inch skillet and put sausage, ground beef, onion and garlic in it.
3. Cook the ingredients on medium high flame till the time onion gets soft and the beef changes its color to brown.
4. Channel the fat and put undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, salt and basil.
5. Once the ingredients boil, lower the heat.
6. Put the lid on and cook for 45 minutes by stirring in between.
7. Toss over hot cooked noodles and serve.