- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Herbed Loaf Recipe Video
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (+ 3 Tbsp)|
|Flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)|
|Dry milk||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Italian herbs||2 Teaspoon (1 tsp basil/1 tsp oregano)|
|Fast rise yeast||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 219 Calories from Fat 43
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.6%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.4 mg
Sodium 587.2 mg24.5%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 7 g13.1%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 0.27%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In the bread maker, add the ingredients in the following order (or as suggested in the bread maker manual), water, flour, dry milk, sugar, salt, Parmesan cheese and Italian herbs.
2. Using a spatula move the flour to the corners of the bread maker and add the pieces of butter in the 4 corners of the maker. Add the rapid rise yeast in the middle of the bread maker.
3. Put the machine on the French cycle setting, and bake the bread for 3 hours and 50 minutes.
4. Once done, remove the 1 and 1/2 pound loaf from the bread maker and let it cool down on the rack for 15 minutes before slicing it.
5. Slice the Italian bread, into desired pieces and serve with a bowl of hot soup.