- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Cheesy Frittata Recipe
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped 1/2 cup|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Stick)|
|Tomato||1 Large, peeled and chopped|
|Oregano leaf||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Provolone cheese slices||2 Ounce, shredded (From A 6-Ounce Package, 2 Slices)|
Calories 333 Calories from Fat 231
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.1%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 465 mg
Sodium 756.6 mg31.5%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 17 g34.9%
Vitamin A 28.7% Vitamin C 38.6%
Calcium 18.2% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small skillet, saute the green pepper and onion in 2 tablespoons of the butter or margarine for about 5 minutes, until soft.
2) Stir in the tomato, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and oregano, cook gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until almost dry, then keep aside
3) In a medium bowl, slightly beat the eggs with rest of the 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
4) In a 10-inch skillet, heat for 5 seconds, then swirl rest of the 2 tablespoons butter or margarine with a fork over bottom and sides of pan.
5) Pour in the egg mixture, stir and shake pan until the omelet is firm and set .
6) Spread over the tomato mixture evenly on top, sprinkle with the cheese, cover the skillet for about 2 minutes, or until the cheese begins to melt.
7) Slice into wedges and serve immediately on individual serving plates.